Thursday, February 21, 2013

E.L.F Studio Pigment Eyeshadow Review

Look, I am normally pleased by E.L.F.'s products. I love their brushes, their primer, and they're my go to site for basics. (I admit, I am weary of their face products simply because I am weary of putting such cheap products on my sensitive skin.)  When I found this product (in this color, Tropical Teal) at Target, I was excited because I thought it would be a cheaper alternative to Maybelline's Color Tattoo (which I love, by the way). I really expected it to be super pigmented and long lasting.

Wrong.

First of all, it's a loose powder, not a gel. And the package has a sifter, as not shown in this picture. And if you leave the sifter on, you cannot get any product to come out of the jar. I had to take off the sifter to use it. And it is not pigmented at all. It's very faint and translucent, and simply does not last. The worst part about it is that when it fades, it changes color. It becomes almost...black. And makes my eyelids oily.  I don't hate this product; it's a fine eyeshadow. It just doesn't do what it's advertised to do. Oh, well, for $3 I shall continue to use it as just another eyeshadow. Nothing worth crying over.

No comments:

Post a Comment