Saturday, February 23, 2013

Bare Minerals Blush Review

Bare Minerals blush, we have to have a serious talk.

Now, I mentioned in my Revlon Colorstay Whipped review that I was under the impression that the heaviness of the foundation was causing me to break out. So I haven't worn it since last Friday and changed over to L'Oreal's Lumi. But I was still breaking out. I realized yesterday that my breakouts were only on my cheeks. I never break out on my cheeks, usually it's my jawline and chin. Well, after this realization, I figured my real problem was the blush I was using, Bare Mineral's Hint.

I've owned this blush since June but I've only used it sparingly. These past couple of weeks were the only time I had used it consecutively. Well, I did some research, read some reviews, and it turns out that the product contains Bismuth Oxychloride, which is harmful to your skin. It irritates sensitive skin. It also turns out that a lot of Bare Minerals' products contain this. Which is bullshit. I know this is turning into a Bare Minerals hate blog but in all honesty, I am incredibly disappointed in the line. How can you say that your products are great for sensitive skin and are supposed to improve your complexion with continuous use when they contain this harmful product? It's deceitful. I still have a ton of their products that I will continue to use until they are empty but after that, I definitely won't be purchasing their stuff again. They really lulled me into a false sense of security because I worry about products breaking me out and was convinced theirs actually wouldn't.

For now, I've switched back to Nars' Orgasm. I am going to use that for a week straight or so and see if it makes a difference. My face is clearing up now, except now I have scarring to contend with. It is a shame that I probably won't be able to use Hint anymore, considering I did love the color and the wear time. Oh well, at least Orgasm is gorgeous too.

No comments:

Post a Comment